Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Write- How, What, When, Where, Why!


JOURNALS....

My failed attempts to keep journals has been great. In fact I have a whole box of journals only 1/4 or if I'm lucky 1/2 way full of entries.

Every once in awhile I'll get this sudden gust of desire to keep a journal. I'll get a new journal and start writing all the things happening in my life! But unfortunately this gust turns into nothing after a pretty short period of time. WHY? Well probably for a number of reasons. Don't have TIME to write everything I want to on a daily basis, and I can't decide what the most convenient way to keep a journal is.

Is the standard notebook and pen the best way to go? Should I go electronic using a word document or something? What do I really want to keep a journal of?



Well I googled some "journal keep ideas" and it seems like everyone has different kinds of journals to keep, but no one really talked about how to keep them. I expected to find something on the best way to keep a journal while living in the year 2012! Perhaps no one else knows the best way to do this either...

So here is my thoughts: I love memories. And I have a HORRIBLE time remembering them. I know I need to keep a journal. So, I'm going to try the old fashioned way for now. Reason being that I can tape tickets, pictures, stickers, receipts, etc. onto paper. I love adding those little details to my memories.

However, call me crazy, I'm going to try 5 different journals....

#1- Travel Journal. Whenever we travel somewhere as a couple, I want to have a specific journal of pictures, foods we ate, where we stayed, all the fun things we did! Probably starting with our honeymoon!

#2- Gratitude Journal. This will hopefully be my most frequently used. Something I want to try and do every night before I go to bed, right down what I'm grateful for that day! There is something different about a person who is truly grateful in their life.


#3- Dan Journal. Keeping the notes he's written, dates we've gone on, projects we've finished together, moments he's rescued me (like when I lost my car keys yesterday), all the new reasons I discover I love him every day!

#4- Bucket List Journal. Things we want to do and accomplish together! Fun and serious, far and wide! Write our experience when we accomplish them!

#5- Spiritual Journal. This will be with me every week at church, at firesides, baptisms, during my personal study and companionship study with Dan. Just to write thoughts, impressions, etc.

I guess essentially this blog can count as some form of a journal. Probably more of my random thoughts journal for friends and family to read!

Wish me luck on this endeavor and if you have any helpful hints or tidbits on what's worked for you, I'm all ears!

Now I've got to go purchase some journals...

No comments:

Post a Comment