Thursday, June 6, 2013

Big Moments

A couple of weekends ago Dan and I took a little road trip.

My brother Garet (who by the way is moving to Logan in the fall, is a complete stud, and totally available!) graduated from Snow College and we spent the night in Ephraim.  It was about a 3 hour drive, and a nice physical getaway from Northern Utah.

We stayed the night in a hotel with my mom and grandma which is always a good time... especially in Ephraim.  Besides the unusual sleeping habits that every person in the room had, (snoring, reading till 4:00am in the bathroom, and sleep apnia) there was a cat fight between to girls at 3:00am, both of which were screaming at the top of their lungs- and a few gunshots to follow.  I'm grateful that I have always been blessed with the gift of deep sleep and didn't hear a thing all night!

There were a few other crazy people we ran into during the 14 hours we were in this little college town, and am 100% confident in saying I will NEVER live anywhere in Utah south of Spanish Fork, unless its St. George!

But besides our exposure to the little town of Ephraim, we had a great time celebrating my brother in his achievement. (WARNING: I look horrendous in these pictures, but hey it wasn't my big day!)
 The Graduate!
 Proud Mom
My Brothers: Gavin, Garet, and I
 My cute Grandma Anne
The whole gang

A little secret, I cry when I see other people during big moments in their life.  For example, the Ragnar race runs in front of my mom's house in Morgan every year. It's actually the point where there is a hand-off, the next person is being tagged to run. The person who is doing the tagging just ran miles and miles of hills and they are always exhausted.  I can see from the front window, this whole process of the runner, booking it down the last hill with every ounce of energy they have. I cry I every time.  I am so inspired by people who meet the challenge and do hard things.

So it was a really great moment to watch my little brother (who is actually taller than me) finish his time at Snow College. He received the best grades he's ever had in his life; he took hard classes and was really diligent in his studies. He worked hard and earned a great reward! He now is has a scholarship to Utah State and will be moving to Logan in the fall.  I'm pretty excited about this, it'll be nice to have a family member close by and to have some good sibling bonding.

This last week my pretty much only cousin graduated high school from Mountain Crest here in Cache Valley.  I again couldn't help but get a little teary eyed again thinking about all she has done and accomplished! She is coming to USU in the fall too.  I'm so excited for her to start college and experience the joys and learning curves of freshman year-- it's the best!


I love accomplishments in life. I love the progression, maturity, and wisdom that comes from WORK, dedication, discipline, and drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment