Thursday, August 18, 2016

Week 10: The Real Deal

Total weight gain/loss: Notta on either. Just hating food.

Maternity clothes: Well I had to use the rubber band trick on a pair of capri's the other week... 

Sleep: Sleeping like a log, wake up feeling like one too. Even painting my toe nails sounds exhausting. Definitely lacking energy at this point.

Symptoms: HEARTBURN + NAUSEA ... Food has not been my friend for the past 3 weeks. I have been driving poor Dan CRAZY over the smell of everything, the taste of everything, and indecisiveness of what I can/want to eat for every meal. Thankfully no throwing up though :)

Food cravings: Lemonade.

Food aversions: Dairy. Which is so weird because I LOVE milk and dairy! But it makes me feel so terrible right now! And absolutely nothing spicy. 

Gender: I always thought we'd have a girl first, but for some reason, every since I've been sick-- just have this feeling its going to be one handful of a little boy.

What I miss: I'm dying to eat a turkey club sandwich and a fire roasted hotdog. Oh and a tuna sandwich. Hot food is hard to eat right now, and all the cold food I like, I need lunch meat and tuna for.

What I'm loving: How absolutely patient Dan has been these last three weeks. How much I can see we are not alone in this journey of parenthood already.

What I'm looking forward to: Coming up with all the different ways to tell our family + friends in about 5 weeks

Best Moment this Week: Going to our first ultrasound and hearing the baby's heartbeat + seeing the little thing wiggle like crazy already. It was so surreal and reassuring that the little thing was there, that I wasn't miscarrying again, that I could actually start thinking about the future and getting attached to baby. I've been pretty emotionally distant from this pregnancy up till now.

Words of Wisdom: I've only ever heard about morning sickness as the worst part of pregnancy. No one has EVER mentioned heartburn... it's a real thing... and it's real awful. You've been warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment