Thursday, December 7, 2017

Wouden Christmas Card 2017

As usual, we aren't doing Christmas cards this year. And as usual, I'll say, "maybe next year..." haha

So here's a little update for our family and friends + sending love your way for the holidays!


THE BIG CHANGES

The biggest things that have happened for our family the last 12 months:
- Grady was born in March, by far the best thing that's changed our lives!
- Dan finished classes for his Master's Degree in May and accepted a job in South Jordan at Merrick Bank
- I quit my job at USU and have been LOVING the mom life
- We MOVED out of Logan! We've been living with Dan's parents for the last six months in Taylorsville
- We are homeowners! We found a place to call home in Eagle Mountain and are planning to move in by the end of the year.

DAN THE MAN

If there is anyone who should get the MVP award this year, it's Dan. Good gracious that man has worked SO hard this year. Finishing his Master's degree with a new baby at home was no easy task, but he rocked it. Then Dan had the best thing ever happen-- he was able to stay home the FULL month of May with Grady Baby and just be the Dad. And some how during that time, managed to land a job with an amazing company who treats him and our family like GOLD. For the last 8 weeks, he's been going out to our house when he gets off work and staying till 10 o'clock every night fixing it up and doing all the renovations so we can move in. He hasn't complained about it once. He's been our rock and I am so thankful for ALL he's done this last 12 months.


MEG THE MOM

My greatest wish came true and I've been able to stay home with Grady since June. I chopped all my hair off and that was probably one of the best decisions I've made hair-wise in a long time! I've been getting Pinterest crazy trying to figure out how to turn our house into a home and it's been a lot of fun (except for my first meltdown about which gray paint to choose! haha thanks for your help Jess!) For years I never thought I'd enjoy being a mother and staying home-- I mean what is there to do all day right?! Turns out I really do LOVE it and I really do have full and busy days. It's a kind of work that is so fulfilling and takes the whole heart. It's pretty wonderful and definitely full of curve balls! Life has been very humbling for me this year, but brought me so much happiness + blessings I never saw coming.

GRADY THE BABY

Grady is our greatest joy! He spoils us to death with being such a happy and go-with-the-flow little chub. He's not a terrible sleeper, but he's not one to sleep 12 hours straight either. This boy has been in the 90+% for height and weight the majority of his life. He's a BIG boy! It's been a circus trying to keep up with the amount of clothes sizes he's gone through, he's growing so fast.  He's had the pukes 3-4 times so far, pink eye, and survived the teething of a single tooth! I can't go anywhere, and I mean anywhere, without being stopped by someone who tells me how chubby and beautiful he is. Most of the time, it's someone telling me how their babies were this chunky too #chunkybabymomsunite  Grady has been SO patient with us as we've been out at our house doing renovations for the last 2 months and he's stuck in his high chair or playing with makeshift distractions we give him. He LOVES tags, kitties + puppies, playing peek-a-boo, and taking his naps in our bed. We can't believe he's 9 months now! Time is FLYING!


WISHING YOU ALL THE VERY MERRIEST OF CHRISTMASES AND WE ARE SO THANKFUL FOR THE LOVE AND SUPPORT WE'VE RECEIVED ALL YEAR! 


Much love, The Woudens

2 comments:

  1. This is so much better then the traditional Christmas cards. You are such a cute writer. I love he tag-line names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! You're too nice! It's definitely cheaper than the traditional christmas card haha. I hope you and your family are doing well in Texas and I'm SO GLAD I finally to meet you this summer and get to know you a bit!

    ReplyDelete