Thursday, March 2, 2017

ELEVENTH APPOINTMENT: Week 39

Thursday, March 2 @ 11:15am

Well my doctor is out of town until March 6th, so we got to see the certified nurse midwife today. I was actually pretty excited about meeting her, I really like a lot of the ideas and practices in midwifery.

This was by FAR the fastest appointment of my life. I wasn't even done undressing to be checked before she was trying to come in the room and check me! Apparently she had a c-section to attend to, so she was in a rush. She checked me, said I was still dilated to a 1, and still effaced at 80%. Dan asked her what her best guess was as to when we could expect the baby to come, and she said probably a week past our due date if our Dr let us. That was interesting to hear, and definitely took the urgency I was feeling out of him coming soon due to how big they think he is already. She said that most Caucasians can't deliver over a 9 pound baby without a c-section, also interesting to hear/sort of made me panic if I really do have a big guy to deliver. She was pretty frank with us! Then she was gone in a flash.

I definitely gained a new appreciation for my male Dr, way more sympathetic and kind! She was nice, but I was definitely not getting any extra positive vibes from her. More of a, "suck it up honey" kind of vibe...

Glad we'll be able to see our AWESOME doctor for the last couple appointments! And I'm glad that she gave me perspective on just how great our doctor really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment