Thursday, March 9, 2017

Week 39: Getting Low on Time!

Sleep: Still sleeping great! Wake up once at night and that's it. However, I definitely am feeling the need for more and more sleep... #givemeallthenaps

Symptoms: Last weeks energy level is definitely gone. I have been definitely feeling a bit more like a sack of potatoes, a slug, a bump on a log if you will. And I am totally okay with it, except for the 8 hours of work I have to get through.. haha. But it was almost as if the energy line I was drawing from was perfectly calculated to get me through all the things I needed to finish, and then as soon as I finished up my last big projects- my body is telling me to slow down and rest for what is ahead. Pretty miraculous in my opinion. But no contractions, just some rotten sciatic nerve stuff again.

Food Cravings: I discovered that chilled oreos with peanut butter is pretty magical! But keeping the oreos in the fridge is key in the magicalness. 

Food Aversions: I'm still a little cautious about eating foods that give me heartburn, but really just pop my pill and eat it anyway haha. 

How Big the Little Guy is: About 20 inches and over 7 pounds, the size of mini-watermelon! My app also said, "Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls." haha thank you Captain Obvious...

The Size of My Belly: It doesn't seem to have grown anymore, but I am feeling more heavy!

What I Miss: My energy. But like I said, it's totally okay because I need to rest for Labor Day!

What I'm Loving: That Dan was home all week! Which also sort of sucked because I still had to put my 40 hours in at work... but we saw each other on my lunch every day and got to spend evenings together. Dan and I also went to the temple which I was one of the last things I really wanted to do before this baby comes. It was an extra special night and I am so thankful we were able to go and receive such peace and comfort!

What I'm Looking Forward To: On Friday it is my due date and we have a doctor's appointment/ultrasound to check things out and see if we need to be induced, or if it's safe to give it another week. I can see it going either way. As much as I don't want to be induced, I REALLY don't want a c-section... so just to have some direction will be nice either way! I just need to mentally prepare if I need to work another week... 

Best Moments this Week: So here's all the different things I've done in the last 7 days to see if our little guy might enter the world:
- Eat this equally spicy/sour Thai soup... it was HOT! and SO SOUR! It was kind of weird and I really couldn't eat it because the flavor/spiciness was so hot in my mouth!
- Shoveled/chipped away at the remaining ice/snow in our parking lot for about 30 minutes...
- Bore my testimony in church on Sunday
- Helped Dan fixed the clutch fan on his truck. Like I legitimately laid under his truck and tried to screw on the nuts... and it was a disaster! I dropped every single one and ended up laughing so hard I was crying and couldn't see to help any more. It was a great memory nonetheless!
- Walked around the inside of our double-chapel church building until my sciatic nerve wouldn't let me walk anymore
- Had an awkward confrontation with a coworker about his snarky comments + my pregnancy... I thought for sure this would have put me into labor!

I'm convinced nothing can put me into labor except for medical procedures! haha

Words of Wisdom: I know mommas get so anxious for their babies to come, and I'm definitely starting to feel that more with being so close to the end. But for some reason, there seems to be a culture of wanting babies to come early... which I know it's so hard on our bodies + mentally we're just sort of done with pregnancy, and doctors give us this "due date" which in every other part of our lives "due date" signifies the final day for something to occur... but I'm just so happy that our little guy can keep growing healthy and strong! And due dates are seriously the dumbest thing! Because you can't put a date on when a HUMAN BEING IS DONE GROWING! So just don't worry about your due date... they'll come when their ready! The more flexible I've tried to be about his arrival, the more calm and enjoyable pregnancy has been. That's my two cents!

No comments:

Post a Comment